- Termination of new posts
- The plain truth about terrorism
- The cognitive dissonance of western “progressive liberals”
- Military Activity in the Donbass 05.02.2017
- How the Kiev Regimes War on Donbass broke geopolitics by Scott Humor
- The Great American Perpetual Motion War Machine
- Our Lying Media
- John Pilger: The Hijacking of Feminism
- Soros Exposed
- Blundering Into A War With China
- The Fix-nothing farce of symbolic politics
- Are UK and EU heading for economic cold war?
- Game Over for the Democrats?
- Those Who Transmit Syrian Voices Are Russian Propagandists? Monitors of ‘Fake News’ Negate Syrian Suffering
- Banning Refugee from Countries America Destroyed is Wrong
- Draghi Admits EU May Breakup For First Time
- Russian Economy Recovering Confidence Boost
- Beijing official: China ready to lead world if required
- The War Horror Has Begun
- Why Impeach Donald Trump
- Byron: The age of beauty will succeed the sport of war
- THE SATURDAY ESSAY: Cheated Waspi pensioners are paying for 50 years of incompetence, not UK sovereign hardship
- Welcome to Moscow! Amazing experience inside the Kremlin Walls
- India – crime of the century – Financial Genocide
- Negotiations in Astana are a timid ray of hope to stop the Syrian conflict
- `Fake News`?Re the assassination of Martin Luther King
- Why I am opposed to the war in Vietnam
- Remember Kennedy: and then ask, “How long will Trump last”?
- One China, three foreign policy faces
- Obama Stutters and Stammers Accusations against Russia during his final push for war
- A Likely Way that Trump Would Be Forced Out of Office
- Labour’s Day of Action to save the NHS
- Death Of Global Temperature ‘Pause’ Greatly Exaggerated
- Zuroff: Someone in EU should wake up and explain what is going on in Croatia
- Leaked John Kerry audio: White House wanted ISIS to rise in Syria
- Is Barack Obama Actually Trying To Help the Islamic State (ISIS) Take Over Syria?
- Get in There and Win One For Mom and Apple Pie: Non-Combatant Molly McKew Pounds the War Drum
- 2016: The year of Russia’s triumph
- What is Henry Kissinger Up To?
- May 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- "Euro creep"
- Corporate Media
- EU Military Resources
- International Monetary Fund
- No to EU
- Racism and Genocide
- The Cold War
- US Global Hegemony
TagsAngela Merkel antiwar.com Azov Battalion Barack Hussein Obama China Cold War Consortium News corporate media corruption Crimea Czech Republic Dagens Nyheter David Stockman Donbass Donetsk Drang nach Osten Eric Zuesse EU Euro European Central Bank European Union fascism Folkrörelsen Nej till EU fortruss Galicia Germany Greece Harpsund Hollande Hungary IMF ISIS Italy Kaliningrad KeepTalkingGreece Kiev Junta Kurdistan Luhansk Merkel MH17 NATO Nazism neoliberalism Novorussia Paul Craig Roberts Poland quantitative easing Right Sector Robert Parry Ron Paul rt.com Russia Russia-Insider.com Russia Insider Russian aid to Ukraine Russian sanctions Russia Today Sevastopol Slavyangrad.org; Slovakia Stop TTIP org Syria Syriza The European Empire Turkey U.S Global Hegemony Ukraine Ukraine Corruption Ukraine coup Ukronazis USA US Global Hegemony vineyard of the saker Vladimir Putin Washington's Blog
Blogs I Follow
- Universe Today
- Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist
- Eurasia News Online
- Society for the Study of Symbolic Interaction Blog
- Russian Universe
- Everyday Sociology Blog
- Washington's Blog
- Liberty Blitzkrieg
- Atlas Monitor
- The Slog.
- JohnPilger.com - the films and journalism of John Pilger
- Symbolic Interaction Music Blog
- 12,719 hits
I’ve decided to stop publishing new posts, really due to the many privatised wordpress blogs that are around. Most of them need to be copied and pasted as re-blogging is a wordpress service. This is a great shame but we recently passed the 500 blogs mark. I would like to thank all my readers who have followed EU: Ramshackle Empire.
The US involvement against Libya during the Obama presidency, like so much elsewhere (like the Middle East), left that country a total ruin and triggered a large scale refugee crisis. Every US military involvement creates these results.
or why the “oops we accidentally let ISIS get our guns” excuse does not work…
We get a few people here saying some variant on “ISIS, al Qaeda etc are all the unlooked-for by-producet of the criminal western policy in the Middle East.” It’s one of the would-be middle-of-the-road positions occupied as much through fear of what lies beyond it than for any inherent value it contains. It’s still possible to be considered relatively mainstream and hold this position. Sensible people like Robert Fisk and Noam Chomsky promote it. There’s only one problem with it really, namely that it is not true. Recent leaks/releases of government documents have put it beyond question that the US, its Gulf allies and NATO at very least willingly got behind the creation of extreme jihadist groups and have been funding such groups in their attempts to overthrow the legitimate Syrian government.
So we thought…
View original post 44 more words
by Andre Vltchek
Most likely you have already heard that tune, ten times, or maybe one hundred, depending where you live and the circle of friends you have. But let me remind you how it goes: “I’ll never set foot in Singapore, because it is all business there.” Or: “Let others go to Gulf countries, I’d never do something like that. They have no culture and it is all showing off and glitz there, purchased with oil money… not to mention all those terrible conflicts they are fueling in the region.” Then, there is that big ugly “I” name: “Me going there? Over my dead body! It is illegitimate; it is sitting on other peoples’ land.”
So it goes…
While genuine criticism is always healthy, it is important to realize that many of those who get ignited by even hearing the names of places like Dubai or Singapore are actually…
View original post 2,134 more words
Briefly on what is happening in the Donbass:
From the second half of the day the intensity of the shelling again escalated. There has been shelling in the areas of Avdeevka, Zaitsevo, Yasinovataya, Gorlovka, Kalinovo, on the Svetlodarsk arc, utilising 80-120mm mortars, and 122mm and 152mm cannon.
In Avdeevka the heating and electricity supply was partially restored. Avdeevka Coking Plant continues working. Also restored was the power supply to Gorlovka after yesterday’s knocking out of the power lines in the Svetlodarsk area.
On social networks there are rumours, citing unnamed military sources, of a possible night-time attack by the Ukrainian Army (UAF) towards Gorlovka. DPR power structures are on high alert.
The USA officially announced that the issue of agreements with Russia can be addressed regardless of what is happening in Avdeevka, i.e. in fact it is a question of direct talks to get…
View original post 193 more words
This is too long to publish but the link contains much useful information. The EU recruiting Ukraine was a blatant attempt to expand eastward way beyond reasonable limits, including a large number of Russian-speaking population. It was the reason I started this blog. The Donbass is largely Russian-speaking, and the news reported from Ukraine by the media is coloured by the need to keep images of Ukrainian Nazi Sieg Heil salutes off our screens.The whole question is too sensitive to give a proper airing.
by Greg Maybury from Pox Amerikana
The so-called ‘military-industrial complex’ ushered in by the passing of the 1947 National Security Act is a luxury America and the world can no longer afford. The unprecedented threat posed by the over-privileged belligerents infecting U.S. military doctrine with their unbridled hegemonic ambition is redolent of that of the British Empire in the years leading up to the Great War in 1914. With Donald Trump advocating massive upgrades of the U.S. nuclear arsenal and full-spectrum dominance likely to remain integral to American foreign and national security policy making, along with musing on how we arrived at this point, we ponder the here and now, and an unthinkable, yet, still avoidable future.
From Truman to Trump (Extra War, Hold the Peace)
President Harry S Truman – The former Missouri Haberdasher Gave the Nod to the Military Industrial Complex Of all the major actions taken by…
View original post 4,605 more words