- Termination of new posts
- The plain truth about terrorism
- The cognitive dissonance of western “progressive liberals”
- Military Activity in the Donbass 05.02.2017
- How the Kiev Regimes War on Donbass broke geopolitics by Scott Humor
- The Great American Perpetual Motion War Machine
- Our Lying Media
- John Pilger: The Hijacking of Feminism
- Soros Exposed
- Blundering Into A War With China
- The Fix-nothing farce of symbolic politics
- Are UK and EU heading for economic cold war?
- Game Over for the Democrats?
- Those Who Transmit Syrian Voices Are Russian Propagandists? Monitors of ‘Fake News’ Negate Syrian Suffering
- Banning Refugee from Countries America Destroyed is Wrong
- Draghi Admits EU May Breakup For First Time
- Russian Economy Recovering Confidence Boost
- Beijing official: China ready to lead world if required
- The War Horror Has Begun
- Why Impeach Donald Trump
- Byron: The age of beauty will succeed the sport of war
- THE SATURDAY ESSAY: Cheated Waspi pensioners are paying for 50 years of incompetence, not UK sovereign hardship
- Welcome to Moscow! Amazing experience inside the Kremlin Walls
- India – crime of the century – Financial Genocide
- Negotiations in Astana are a timid ray of hope to stop the Syrian conflict
- `Fake News`?Re the assassination of Martin Luther King
- Why I am opposed to the war in Vietnam
- Remember Kennedy: and then ask, “How long will Trump last”?
- One China, three foreign policy faces
- Obama Stutters and Stammers Accusations against Russia during his final push for war
- A Likely Way that Trump Would Be Forced Out of Office
- Labour’s Day of Action to save the NHS
- Death Of Global Temperature ‘Pause’ Greatly Exaggerated
- Zuroff: Someone in EU should wake up and explain what is going on in Croatia
- Leaked John Kerry audio: White House wanted ISIS to rise in Syria
- Is Barack Obama Actually Trying To Help the Islamic State (ISIS) Take Over Syria?
- Get in There and Win One For Mom and Apple Pie: Non-Combatant Molly McKew Pounds the War Drum
- 2016: The year of Russia’s triumph
- What is Henry Kissinger Up To?
- May 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- "Euro creep"
- Corporate Media
- EU Military Resources
- International Monetary Fund
- No to EU
- Racism and Genocide
- The Cold War
- US Global Hegemony
TagsAngela Merkel antiwar.com Azov Battalion Barack Hussein Obama China Cold War Consortium News corporate media corruption Crimea Czech Republic Dagens Nyheter David Stockman Donbass Donetsk Drang nach Osten Eric Zuesse EU Euro European Central Bank European Union fascism Folkrörelsen Nej till EU fortruss Galicia Germany Greece Harpsund Hollande Hungary IMF ISIS Italy Kaliningrad KeepTalkingGreece Kiev Junta Kurdistan Luhansk Merkel MH17 NATO Nazism neoliberalism Novorussia Paul Craig Roberts Poland quantitative easing Right Sector Robert Parry Ron Paul rt.com Russia Russia-Insider.com Russia Insider Russian aid to Ukraine Russian sanctions Russia Today Sevastopol Slavyangrad.org; Slovakia Stop TTIP org Syria Syriza The European Empire Turkey U.S Global Hegemony Ukraine Ukraine Corruption Ukraine coup Ukronazis USA US Global Hegemony vineyard of the saker Vladimir Putin Washington's Blog
Blogs I Follow
- Universe Today
- Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist
- Eurasia News Online
- Society for the Study of Symbolic Interaction Blog
- Russian Universe
- Everyday Sociology Blog
- Washington's Blog
- Liberty Blitzkrieg
- Atlas Monitor
- The Slog.
- JohnPilger.com - the films and journalism of John Pilger
- Symbolic Interaction Music Blog
- 12,806 hits
Translated by Ollie Richardson for Fort Russ
9th February, 2016
Russian President Vladimir Putin has already won in Syria, according to journalists from The New York Times, which became possible due to the “helplessness” of American President Barack Obama. He turned Syria into “a bloody graveyard of American beliefs.”
The publication stated that Putin’s systematic policy ensured the success of Russia’s actions in Syria, as well as “the senselessness” of the US administration.
The author, Roger Cohen, notices that Washington only demonstrates the visibility of activities in Syria. Cohen is confident that American statements – “are just words” and actually “music in Syria is ordered” by Vladimir Putin. Especially because of the inaction of Obama, writes Stratfor.
In addition, the author believes that although the Syrian army are successfully defeating the militants on the territory, it is not a decisive fact in the fight against ISIL. Being almost completely surrounded, Aleppo could become the Syrian Sarajevo, the publication notes. Blame belongs to the “helplessness” of the U.S. government.
The statements of the U.S government, that Syria is not a major factor in U.S. interests, and a new war should be in any way avoided, – all this only leads to the transformation of Washington’s policy towards tacit agreement with Moscow, says the author.
According to Cohen, Syria is a “disgrace” of the Obama administration, which crossed out all the successes in domestic policy. Moreover, “The Syrian agony” of the U.S. leader led to the terrorist attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, to the disintegration of the nucleus of the European Union, whose countries’ internal borders returned due to migrants.
“Syria has become a bloody graveyard of American beliefs. It has undermined confidence in the words of America, evoking considerable anger towards Sunni allies from the Persian Gulf, strengthening the position of Assad … and Putin has opened the way to determining the fate of Syria,” says Cohen, speaking about the disgrace of Obama.
According to the journalist, the US can only currently do one thing: increase the number of refugees from Syria, helping Europe to cope with the flood of migrants.
“If we let fear dictate policy, the terrorists win. But Putin has already won,” Cohen concludes.